XUE means “snow” in Mandarin. It is also my name & my daughter's middle name.

A collection of art, craft, jewelry, patchwork, sewing, quilting, all inspired by daily exposure to Western & Asian cultures since ours is a mixed Chinese & European family. Read about our life amidst craft in this latest land we are living in, after 20 years of moving around the world. I write about making pretty things we love & about my crafty kids - whom we love. And my husband too, since he designed my website! He started it & my Etsy shop because getting started & all this technical stuff drove me nuts!

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

my favourite room.


As usual, it has been ages since I posted. Strangely, in my last post, there were these funny colour "patches" which I cannot remove nor replace. I even tried deleting the entire post & re-doing it but still, the patches remain.

My sewing room here in Dubai, expands with more contents so it is even more cramped than it was in the previous post (over 2 years ago!!!).

A kind friend, Sabine, bought a new serger and gave me her old Viking Huskylock serger so that was really, really nice. That collection of large-cones you see here, has since doubled.

Now, there is also a dressform which makes this room complete.




A dress form which I have not fully used to assist in making clothes but which makes me happy when I look at it.
It is covered with a matt linen-like material but I have yet to remove the original clear plastic protection. 
This is my inspirational view when I sew. My favourite room. 

No comments: